Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Day 30 (April 5): Experiencing God’s Peace


One of the great goals of this 40-day journey is to empower you with knowledge. This knowledge in matters of debt reduction, debt consolidation, budgeting, etc. is intended to give you peace of mind. Establishing a Financial Picture by taking the time to wade through these vital forms (Financial Empowerment Resources) is certain to give you peace of mind.

Apart from having peace of mind is having God’s peace. Paul says it this way: “Let the peace of Christ rule in your hearts, since as members of one body you were called to peace. And be thankful” (Col. 3:15).

Once you’ve completed an accurate Financial Picture and committed to live in obedience to God’s word, there is nothing else you can do. This is when God’s peace must surface in your life. This occurs when you ask God, in faith, to fill your heart with His peace. You cannot control everything. But, you can control the way you respond to the trials that come your way.

Have you experienced God’s peace? What did you do to secure it? Please post your insights.

2 comments:

  1. I have increased with a Tremendous Sense of Peace during this Financial Empowerment Journey...Today's reading really brought that to light. I'm the kind of guy that needed my hands in on everything...to the point where if it wasn't in my control I the enemy would have a strong hold and deteriorate my thoughts overtime without me even knowing. I thank GOD for the Deliverance, healing, and Breakthrough! Over the past few weeks I've learned true surrender to the Lord. I've been standing on my own saying..."if it's for me, it's for me." That's my way of saying, Wht God has intended for me will find me; and if it's not from God then I didn't need it anyway...AMEN!!!! That's A Victory of Peace!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Marc,

    I agree with your post that what "God has for you it is for you"; however there are times, when what God has for you want to take you to a turn on a road called "game playing", you don't immediately agree and say if it's not from God it wasn't meant to be. Absolutely not; what you do is this, you tell what God has for you since you want to play game and not come to me as you were meant to do, I will join you in game playing because two can play the game. This is a little lesson; do not just agree with the situation and say it wasn't meant for you. If God gives it, you take it but have a little fun while you're waiting and make sure you play to win. When it comes to defeating the enemy, you make sure he gets it and he gets it good.

    ReplyDelete

My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://www.DavidIreland.org
and update your bookmarks.