Monday, April 11, 2011

Day 36 (April 11): 5 Days Left to Live


If you found out that you only had five days left to live, what would you do? After crying and wondering how, why, and why me, then what would you do? Let’s rule out doing crazy, sinful things as a last ditch effort in living. That’s not the choice for Christ followers.

I would try to leave my mark on the earth over the next five days. That’s what leaving a legacy is all about! The word legacy means a gift of personal property, as money; anything handed down from the past. Since legacy has a specific meaning; it must also have a specific purpose. Here is the fourfold purpose for you to intentionally develop your legacy.

► A legacy POINTS my heirs to a better life.
► A legacy PROTECTS my heirs.
► A legacy PROVIDES for my heirs.
► A legacy instills PEACE in my heirs.


Fortunately, we have not been given five days to live. Whatever the amount of time we have remaining on the earth, we’re called to be stewards of our life AND our death.

Your life from the grave should still speak to those you used to influence while alive! God cares enough about our ability to leave a legacy by allowing Paul to pen these words: “And my God will meet all your needs according to his glorious riches in Christ Jesus” (Phil 4:19).

What are you doing right now to develop and safeguard your legacy?

No comments:

Post a Comment

My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://www.DavidIreland.org
and update your bookmarks.